What are the different types of rituals that are done during the marriage? There are so many rituals that are done during the marriage.
- Pre-wedding rituals: Pre-wedding rituals are the rituals or customs that place before the wedding ceremony. There are numerous types of pre-wedding rituals.
- Wedding-day rituals: Wedding day rituals are referred to those rituals which take place on the same day as the wedding ceremony.
- Post-wedding rituals: Post-wedding rituals are the rituals that are done after the wedding ceremony is over.
What are the different types of rituals that take place at a Hindu wedding? There are so many rituals that take place at a Hindu wedding. Some of the rituals and customs that take place at a Hindu wedding are mentioned below:
- Tikka: This is the first wedding ritual in which both the bride and groom Puja is done by their mother-in-law. This is the starting ceremony of the Hindu wedding. This is a ritual which announces that the marriage is fixed.
- Engagement: In this ritual, both the bride and groom have to exchange rings and all the family members, friends, and relatives enjoy a lot by dancing and singing. Engagement is the ritual that takes place in almost all the wedding of different religions. Elite premium matrimonial services will help people in finding the best bride and groom for them.
- Mehndi: This is a ritual in which designs are made on hands by using Mehndi. This ceremony is followed by the Sangeet ceremony. In the Sangeet ceremony, all the people dance on DJ’s to show their happiness at the wedding.
- Haldi: This is a custom in which haldi is applied on the face and body of the bride and groom to be. This ceremony takes place on the same day as the wedding ceremony. In India, people believe the haldi is the component that brings happiness. These are the pre-wedding rituals of the Hindu wedding.
(On day wedding rituals)
- Jai mala: This is a ritual that takes place on the same day as the wedding. In this ritual, both the bride and groom put a flower necklace in each other’s neck.
- Phere: This is a custom in Hindu wedding in which both the bride and groom take seven rounds around the fire. These are some of the on day wedding rituals. Elite matchmaking consultantswill help people in finding the best partners according to their needs.
- Viddai: This is a ritual in which the bride is sent to the groom’s house in a car which is fully decorated with flowers.
- Welcome to the bride: After viddai, welcoming of the bride is done by the mother-in-law. She welcomes the bride by doing her Puja.
- Reception: This is a ritual in which an after party is given by the boy’s family to those relatives who were not invited to the wedding party.